Copenhagen is basically the origin of the gay scene. It was the first country to recognize same sex relationships, letting you know that this place has endless gay opportunities. Most of the gay scene is found on Strøget, a street with some of Copenhagen’s original gay bars and close to the old city center. The language barrier is nothing to worry about with the friendly gay locals, they would love to show you their neck of the woods in this lively coastal city.
Stay updated with gay events in Copenhagen |
What you can find in Gay Copenhagen
Not only is this friendly place the capital of Denmark, it is the first country to legalize gay marriage. Copenhagen or København is a beautiful coastal city with a booming nightlife that can fulfill your gay desires. The city has a population of 500,000 and is known for their approachable personalities. Their national tourist website even suggests gay tourist spots because they are so accepting and willing to accommodate all visitors.
Copenhagen is a vibrant city with a lively LGBTQ+ scene, and there are plenty of events and hotspots for the community to enjoy. Here are some of the top gay events and hotspots in Copenhagen:Gay Events:
- Copenhagen Pride: Copenhagen Pride is the largest LGBTQ+ event in Denmark and takes place annually in August. The event includes a parade through the city streets, concerts, parties, and cultural events.
- Distortion: Distortion is a popular street party that takes place every June in Copenhagen. The event is known for its lively atmosphere and attracts a diverse crowd, including many members of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Copenhagen Queer Festival: The Copenhagen Queer Festival is a week-long event that takes place in August and includes workshops, talks, film screenings, and performances.
- Copenhagen Bear Festival: The Copenhagen Bear Festival is an annual event that takes place in June and is dedicated to the bear community. The festival includes parties, pub crawls, and other social events.
Here are 10 recommendations and tips for gay travelers visiting Copenhagen:
- GAY Copenhagen: GAY Copenhagen is one of the most popular gay bars in the city and is known for its lively atmosphere and friendly staff. The bar features a large dance floor and hosts regular events and parties.
- Centralhjørnet: Centralhjørnet is one of the oldest gay bars in Copenhagen and is a popular spot for locals and tourists alike. The bar features a cozy atmosphere and is known for its friendly staff and affordable drinks.
- Never Mind: Never Mind is a popular gay nightclub in Copenhagen and is known for its lively atmosphere and late-night parties. The club features multiple dance floors and a variety of music styles.
- Oscar Bar Café: Oscar Bar Café is a popular gay bar in Copenhagen and is known for its relaxed atmosphere and cozy decor. The bar features a large outdoor seating area and is a great spot for people-watching.
- Men's Bar: Men's Bar is a popular cruising bar in Copenhagen and is known for its dark, intimate atmosphere. The bar features a variety of themed nights, including underwear parties and fetish events.
- Amigo Sauna: Amigo Sauna is a popular gay sauna in Copenhagen and is known for its clean facilities and friendly staff. The sauna features a variety of amenities, including a steam room, sauna, and jacuzzi.
Here's a list of men-only or gay-friendly hotels in Copenhagen:
Check out the city's LGBT nightlife: Copenhagen has a vibrant LGBT nightlife scene with several bars, clubs, and lounges catering to the community. Some of the most popular ones include GAY Copenhagen, Jailhouse CPH, and Vela Gay Club.
Visit the historic Tivoli Gardens: Tivoli Gardens is a popular tourist attraction in Copenhagen that has been around since the 19th century. It's a great place to enjoy some rides, watch performances, and take in the beautiful gardens.
Explore the colorful Nyhavn waterfront: Nyhavn is a picturesque waterfront area in Copenhagen that's lined with colorful buildings, restaurants, and bars. It's a great place to take a stroll and enjoy the scennery.
Go on a canal tour: One of the best ways to see Copenhagen is from the water. You can take a canal tour that will take you past some of the city's most iconic landmarks and give you a unique perspective.
Visit the famous Little Mermaid statue: The Little Mermaid is an iconic statue in Copenhagen that's based on the fairy tale by Hans Christian Andersen. It's located on a rock in the harbor and is also a popular spot for tourists to take photos.
Check out the art at the Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek museum: The Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek is a museum in Copenhagen that's home to an impressive collection of art and artifacts from around the world. It's particularly well-known for its colection of ancient Greek and Roman art.
Try some traditional Danish cuisine: Copenhagen is known for its delicious cuisine, and there are plenty of traditional Danish dishes to try. Some of the most popular ones include smørrebrød (open-faced sandwiches), flæskesteg (roast pork), and æbleskiver (pancake balls).
Visit the trendy neighborhood of Nørrebro: Nørrebro is a hip and trendy neighborhood in Copenhagen that's known for its street art, independent boutiques, and multicultural vibe. It's a great place to explore and get a taste of Copenhagen's alternative scene.
Take a day trip to the nearby town of Roskilde: Roskilde is a charming town located just outside of Copenhagen that's known for its Viking history and beautiful cathedral. It's a great place to visit if you want to get out of the city for a day.
Enjoy the city's bike culture: Copenhagen is a very bike-friendly city, and it's a great way to get around and see the sights. You can rent a bike from one of the many rental shops around the city and explore at your own pace.
- Axel Guldsmeden (Men Only) Description: Axel Guldsmeden is a stylish men-only hotel situated in the vibrant Vesterbro district of Copenhagen. Enjoy the cozy atmosphere, organic breakfast, and comfortable rooms designed with sustainability in mind. Explore the nearby attractions and experience the lively gay scene of Copenhagen. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com
- Imperial Hotel (Gay-friendly) Description: Imperial Hotel is a gay-friendly hotel located near Tivoli Gardens and the Central Station. Enjoy the elegant rooms, excellent service, and the hotel's prime location. Discover Copenhagen's attractions, explore the LGBTQ+ scene, and indulge in the city's diverse dining options. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com
- First Hotel Mayfair (Men Only) Description: First Hotel Mayfair is a men-only hotel situated in the heart of Copenhagen. Enjoy the comfortable rooms, friendly staff, and the hotel's convenient location. Explore the nearby attractions, cultural landmarks, and experience the vibrant gay nightlife of the city. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com
Gayout Rating - from 0 ratings.