Surrey Pride is an annual LGBTQ+ pride event that takes place in the city of Surrey, located in the province of British Columbia, Canada. The first Surrey Pride event was held in 2018 and it has since become a significant event in the city's calendar.
The event is organized by the Surrey Pride Society, which is a non-profit organization that works to promote LGBTQ+ rights and visibility in the community. The society is run by a board of directors and relies on volunteers to organize and run the annual pride event.
Surrey Pride typically takes place in June, which is recognized as Pride Month worldwide. The event features a parade, live music and performances, food vendors, community booths, and a beer garden. The parade route usually starts at Surrey City Hall and ends at Holland Park, where the main festivities take place.
In addition to the parade and festivities, Surrey Pride also features a number of community events throughout the year, such as a film festival, a youth dance, and a drag show. These events are designed to promote LGBTQ+ visibility and to provide a safe and inclusive space for the community.
Surrey Pride is open to everyone, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. The event is intended to promote acceptance, understanding, and celebration of the LGBTQ+ community in Surrey and beyond.
Stay updated with events in Canada
Here are 15 recommendations and tips for a gay traveler visiting Surrey Pride:
- Research the dates and location of Surrey Pride, and plan your trip accordingly.
- Book your accommodation in advance, as hotels and other accommodations may fill up quickly during the event.
- Check out the official Surrey Pride website and social media pages for updates and information on the event schedule and activities.
- Pack appropriate clothing for the weather, as Surrey can be rainy and cool at times.
- Bring comfortable shoes, as you may be walking around the festival and exploring the city.
- Be mindful of your safety, especially at night and in unfamiliar areas. Stick to well-lit and busy areas, and avoid walking alone.
- Familiarize yourself with Surrey's public transportation system, as it can be a convenient and affordable way to get around.
- If you're interested in nightlife, check out some of Surrey's gay-friendly bars and clubs, such as the Lighthouse Pub or The Riverside Lounge.
- Consider attending some of the pre- and post-Pride events, such as concerts or parties, to make the most of your trip.
- Check out some of the local LGBTQ+ organizations and community groups in Surrey, and consider volunteering or getting involved.
- If you're looking for LGBTQ+-specific services, such as healthcare or legal assistance, research local providers in advance.
- Be respectful of the local customs and culture, and avoid making assumptions or stereotypes about the people or places you encounter.
- Consider attending a drag show or other LGBTQ+ performance during your trip.
- If you're traveling with a partner, research romantic restaurants and activities in Surrey.
- Have fun, be yourself, and enjoy the vibrant LGBTQ+ community in Surrey!
Gayout Rating - from 0 ratings.