DC Black Pride is an annual event that celebrates the rich cultural heritage and diversity of the Black lgbtq+Q+ community in Washington, D.C. and surrounding areas.
DC Black Pride was established in 1991, making it one of the oldest Black Pride celebrations in the United States. It is typically held during the last week of May, coinciding with Memorial Day weekend, and features a variety of events that span over several days. These events include panel discussions, workshops, parties, a film festival, poetry readings, and other cultural and educational activities. The celebration culminates in a lively festival with live music, food, and community vendors.
The event is organized by the Center for Black Equity (CBE), formerly known as the International Federation of Black Prides. The CBE is a non-profit organization committed to supporting the health, safety, and well-being of Black lgbtq+Q+ individuals and their allies. Their mission is to promote a multinational network of lgbtq+Q+ individuals, allies, and community-based organizations dedicated to achieving equality and social justice for Black lgbtq+Q+ people through economic equity, health equity, and social equity.
DC Black Pride not only provides a space for Black lgbtq+Q+ individuals to celebrate their identity but also aims to address health disparities, fight against social injustices, and advocate for equal rights. The event attracts thousands of people from acros the country and around the world, making it an essential gathering for the Black lgbtq+Q+ community.
For the most accurate and up-to-date information on DC Black Pride, it is recommended to visit their official website
Stay updated with events in Washington DC
Here is a list of 5 gay-friendly hotels in Washington, D.C.:
- W Washington DC: Situated near the White House, this gay-friendly hotel boasts chic rooms, a rooftop bar, a fitness center, and an on-site spa. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com link
- The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection: A historic gay-friendly hotel near the White House, featuring elegant rooms, a refined restaurant, and a fitness center. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com link
- The St. Regis Washington, D.C.: A prestigious gay-friendly hotel near the White House, featuring opulent rooms, a refined restaurant, and a 24-hour fitness center. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com link
- The Hay-Adams: Situated across from the White House, this gay-friendly hotel offers luxurious rooms, a rooftop terrace with stunning views, and an upscale restaurant. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com link
- Hotel Hive: Situated near the National Mall, this gay-friendly hotel offers modern micro-rooms, a rooftop bar, and a communal lobby area with a vibrant atmosphere. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com link