Rhode Island is known for its vibrant lgbtq+Q+ community, and there are several gay events and hotspots throughout the state where individuals can gather, socialize, and celebrate. Here are some Rhode Island's gay events and hotspots:
- Providence Pride: Providence Pride is an annual event held in Providence, the capital city of Rhode Island. It typically takes place in June and features a colorful parade, live performances, dance parties, and community celebrations. It is a fantastic opportunity to support and celebrate the lgbtq+Q+ community.
- Dark Lady: Located in downtown Providence, Dark Lady is a popular gay nightclub that offers a lively and inclusive atmosphere. It features drag shows, themed parties, and a dance floor where you can dance the night away to a mix of music genres. Dark Lady is known for its friendly staff and welcoming environment.
- The Stable: The Stable is another well-known gay bar in Providence, offering a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. It is known for its karaoke nights, pool tables, and a cozy outdoor patio. The bar attracts a diverse crowd and is a great place to meet new people and enjoy a night out.
- EGO Providence: EGO Providence is a nightclub and lounge located in the heart of downtown Providence. It hosts various lgbtq+Q+ events, including dance parties, drag shows, and themed nights. EGO Providence has a stylish interior, state-of-the-art sound system, and a vibrant dance floor.
- Dark Lady Pride Block Party: Dark Lady also organizes an annual Pride Block Party in Providence during Pride month. This outdoor event features live music, drag performances, food vendors, and a festive atmosphere. It's a great way to celebrate Pride and connect with the local lgbtq+Q+ community.
- Newport Out: Newport Out is an organization that hosts lgbtq+Q+ events in Newport, a picturesque coastal city in Rhode Island. They organize social gatherings, beach parties, and other community events throughout the year. Newport Out provides a welcoming space for lgbtq+Q+ individuals and allies in the Newport area.
- Weekapaug Inn lgbtq+Q+ Events: Weekapaug Inn, located in Westerly, Rhode Island, occasionally hosts lgbtq+Q+ events and gatherings. They offer inclusive experiences such as lgbtq+Q+ cocktail hours, Pride-themed dinners, and other special events. Weekapaug Inn is known for its beautiful oceanfront location and upscale accommodations.
Here are the details about gay bars and hotspots in Rhode Island:
- The Stable: Located in Providence, The Stable is a popular gay bar known for its welcoming atmosphere and lively events. They offer a variety of drinks, including craft beers and signature cocktails. The bar often hosts drag shows and themed nights, creating a vibrant and inclusive space for the lgbtq+Q+ community.
- EGO Providence: EGO Providence is another well-known gay bar in the city. It features a spacious dance floor, multiple bars, and a stage for performances. The club frequently hosts DJs and live music events, attracting a diverse crowd of party-goers.
- Dark Lady: Positioned on Snow Street in Providence, Dark Lady is a long-standing gay bar that offers a mix of music, dancing, and entertainment. The venue showcases drag shows, karaoke nights, and themed events throughout the week, making it a popular destination for both locals and visitors.
- Mirabar: Mirabar is a lively gay nightclub situated on Washington Street in Providence. With multiple bars and dance floors, this venue provides a high-energy atmosphere for dancing and socializing. Mirabar hosts regular drag shows, theme parties, and special events, making it a hotspot for the lgbtq+Q+ community.
- Alley Cat: Located in Providence, Alley Cat is a neighborhood gay bar with a cozy and laid-back ambiance. It features a friendly staff, pool tables, and a jukebox, creating a relaxed environment for patrons to unwind and socialize.
- Providence Eagle: Providence Eagle is a popular leather and Levi bar situated on South Water Street in Providence. It caters to the leather and fetish community, providing a welcoming space for like-minded individuals. The bar hosts regular themed nights, contests, and special events.
Here are some gay-friendly hotels in Rhode Island:
- Foxberry Inn (Gay-Friendly) The Foxberry Inn offers beautifully decorated rooms with fabulous amenities and the best pillowtop mattresses for a restful night's sleep. The inn is located near the beach and provides a fully stocked minibar, Keurig coffee maker, air conditioning, premium bath products from Jonathan Adler, and free WiFi. Check Availability and Prices
- Hotel Providence (Gay-Friendly) Hotel Providence is a historic hotel located in the heart of downtown Providence's vibrant theater district. The hotel offers superior guest amenities, including a fitness studio, business center, complimentary Wi-Fi, and versatile meeting and event spaces. Check Availability and Prices
- Ocean House (Gay-Friendly) Ocean House is a historic Rhode Island luxury hotel that offers uncompromising service, a beachfront location, and world-class amenities. The hotel pays homage to New England’s golden age of hospitality with timeless elegance and renewed civility. Check Availability and Prices
- Christopher Dodge House (Gay-Friendly) The Christopher Dodge House is a charming inn located in Providence. The inn offers twin, queen, or king-size beds and includes high-definition flat-screen televisions with cable, free Wi-Fi, air conditioning, housekeeping & parking. All rates include a hot plated chef’s choice breakfast. Check Availability and Prices
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (lgbtq+) persons in the U.S. state of Rhode Island enjoy the same legal rights as non-lgbtq+ people. Rhode Island established two types of major relationship recognition for same-sex couples, starting with civil unions on July 1, 2011, and then on August 1, 2013 with same-sex marriage. Discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity is outlawed in the state in the areas of employment, housing and public accommodations. In addition, conversion therapy on minors has been banned since 2017.
Rhode Island is frequently referred to as one of the United States' most lgbtq+-friendly states. Opinion polls have shown that a large majority of Rhode Islanders support same-sex marriage and lgbtq+ rights. 2017 polling from the Public Religion Research Institute showed that 78% of Rhode Island respondents supported same-sex marriage