Carmel, often also called Carmel-by-the-Sea, is one of the most beautiful towns along the California coast. Located off of stunning Highway 1, Carmel is well known for its upscale restaurants and boutiques, famous residents, and stunning beautiful properties. Although Carmel is a smaller town, it offers visitors and residents alike a wide range of galleries, cafes, restaurants, and beautiful outdoor spaces to enjoy. If you’re thinking of finding your next home in Carmel, chances are, you’ll find plenty about it to love!
Stay updated with gay events in Carmel
Upcoming Mega Events Nearby
Here's a brief overview of gay events in Carmel, IN:
- Muldoon's - An award-winning neighborhood pub and eatery since 1981. While not exclusively an lgbtq+Q+ venue, it has been known to host inclusive events and gatherings.
- Carmel Happenings at Matt the Miller's Tavern - A local tavern that occasionally hosts lgbtq+Q+ friendly events and gatherings.
- Carmel PorchFest - An annual music festival that takes place on the porches of homes throughout Carmel. The event is inclusive and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
- The lgbtq+Q Center - A dedicated space for the lgbtq+Q+ community, offering resources, events, and support for individuals in the area.
- Bourbon/Whiskey Tasting - An event that, while not exclusively lgbtq+Q+, is inclusive and welcomes everyone to enjoy a tasting of various bourbons and whiskeys.
- CumUnion Sex Party - Indianapolis - An event that caters to the gay community, offering a safe and inclusive space for individuals to connect and enjoy themselves.
- Sunshower Country Club Bike Rally Event - An inclusive event that welcomes everyone, regardless of their sexual orientation, to participate in a bike rally.
Carmel, often also called Carmel-by-the-Sea, is one of the most beautiful towns along the California coast. Located off of stunning Highway 1, Carmel is well known for its upscale restaurants and boutiques, famous residents, and stunning beautiful properties. Although Carmel is a smaller town, it offers visitors and residents alike a wide range of galleries, cafes, restaurants, and beautiful outdoor spaces to enjoy. If you’re thinking of finding your next home in Carmel, chances are, you’ll find plenty about it to love!Here are a list of gay-friendly hotspots in Carmel:
Here is a list of gay-friendly hotels in Carmel, Indiana:
- Woody's Library Restaurant: Located in the heart of downtown Carmel, Woody's Library Restaurant is a popular gathering spot for both locals and visitors. This upscale restaurant offers a warm and inclusive atmosphere, making it a great place to meet friends or enjoy a delicious meal.
- Brockway Public House: Situated in the Arts & Design District, Brockway Public House is a trendy gastropub known for its craft beers and diverse menu. It attracts a diverse clientele and has become a favorite spot among the lgbtq+Q+ community for its inclusive environment.
- Union Brewing Company: Known for its handcrafted beers and laid-back atmosphere, Union Brewing Company is a must-visit for beer enthusiasts. This gay-friendly brewery often hosts community events and provides a space where people can come together and enjoy great brews.
- Matt the Miller's Tavern: A popular restaurant and bar known for its extensive beer selection and mouthwatering dishes, Matt the Miller's Tavern has a welcoming atmosphere for all. It's a great spot to relax and enjoy some pub fare with friends.
- The Pint Room: With an impressive selection of craft beers on tap, The Pint Room is a beer lover's paradise. This gay-friendly establishment offers a laid-back atmosphere, making it a great place to catch up with friends or watch a game.
- Carmel City Center: The Carmel City Center is a mixed-use development that serves as a hub for dining, shopping, and entertainment. It hosts various community events throughout the year, including Pride celebrations, making it an inclusive gathering place for the lgbtq+Q+ community.
- Peace Water Winery: Located in the Carmel Arts & Design District, Peace Water Winery is a unique destination that offers a wide selection of wines and a cozy atmosphere. It often hosts wine tastings and events, creating a welcoming space for all wine enthusiasts.
- Clay Terrace: As an outdoor shopping center, Clay Terrace provides a pleasant environment for shopping, dining, and socializing. Its diverse range of restaurants and shops attracts a broad spectrum of visitors, including members of the lgbtq+Q+ community.
Arts and Entertainment
- Rainbow Retreat (Men Only): An exclusive men-only retreat, Rainbow Retreat provides a safe and comfortable environment for gay travelers. The hotel offers well-appointed rooms, a relaxing pool area, and a range of amenities tailored to the needs of its guests. Experience a peaceful and accepting atmosphere throughout your stay. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com Link
- Harmony Haven (Gay-Friendly): Harmony Haven is a gay-friendly hotel that provides a tranquil escape for lgbtq+Q+ travelers. Nestled amidst serene surroundings, this hotel offers well-furnished rooms, a spa, and a peaceful ambiance. Experience a harmonious stay while being within reach of Carmel's main attractions. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com Link
- Emerald Oasis (Men Only): Catering exclusively to gay men, Emerald Oasis offers a secluded and private oasis for relaxation. With tastefully decorated rooms, lush gardens, and a clothing-optional pool area, guests can enjoy a peaceful and liberating experience. Unwind and rejuvenate in this serene environment. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com Link
Carmel has always been a mecca for the creative and artistic, and it has a long and rich history in the arts. Two of its most well-known venues include:Sunset Center
Sunset Theatre is widely considered by many to be the best live music venue on the Monterey Peninsula. This beautiful, cozy, 718-seat theater is home to the Monterey County Symphony and the Carmel Bach Festival and is known for hosting some of the best musical talent from across the country and around the world.Forest Theatre Guild
The Forest Theatre Guild has been staging plays at the beautiful and unique Outdoor Forest Theater for more than 100 years. The Forest Theater is considered to be the oldest outdoor theater in the western United States, and every year there are a wide variety of performances in many genres for guests to enjoy.Monterey Peninsula Pride
Monterey Peninsula Pride regularly holds events for the lgbtq+Q community throughout the year, as well as hosting the annual Monterey Peninsula Pride Festival in June. It's a great way to get involved with the lgbtq+Q community in Monterey, and to feel supported, connected, and celebrated while helping others to do the same.