Utah is home to a vibrant lgbtq+Q+ community with various events and hotspots that celebrate diversity and inclusivity. From bustling cities like Salt Lake City to charming towns, there's something for everyone. Here are some of the gay events and hotspots in Utah:
- Utah Pride Festival: The Utah Pride Festival is a highlight of the lgbtq+Q+ calendar, typically held in Salt Lake City. It brings together people from all walks of life to celebrate equality, love, and acceptance. The festival features a colorful parade, live music, drag shows, art exhibits, and a variety of vendors.
- Salt Lake City Gay Bars: Salt Lake City boasts several gay bars and clubs, each with its unique ambiance. The Sun Trapp is a popular lgbtq+Q+ bar with a friendly atmosphere and themed nights. Try the quirky Club Try-Angles, known for its laid-back vibe and dance floor. If you're into karaoke, head to the Paper Moon, a lively spot with a diverse crowd.
- Park City lgbtq+Q+ Scene: Park City, known for its ski resorts, also has a burgeoning lgbtq+Q+ scene. During ski season, you can find events and gatherings at bars and clubs, such as The Cabin and O.P. Rockwell, offering a mix of entertainment and fun.
- Utah Gay Ski Week: If you love winter sports and want to connect with fellow lgbtq+Q+ enthusiasts, consider attending Utah Gay Ski Week. This annual event, usually held in Park City, combines skiing and snowboarding with parties and social gatherings.
- Moab Pride Festival: The Moab Pride Festival takes place in the stunning red rock landscapes of Moab, Utah. This event celebrates the lgbtq+Q+ community while highlighting the area's natural beauty through hikes, picnics, and community activities.
- Queer Film Festivals: Utah is host to various queer film festivals, showcasing lgbtq+Q+ stories and filmmakers. The Damn These Heels Queer Film Festival in Salt Lake City is a standout event, presenting thought-provoking films that promote understanding and dialogue.
Here are some of the gay hotspots in Utah:
Here is a list of gay-friendly hotels in Utah.
- Club Try-Angles: Located in Salt Lake City, Club Try-Angles is a popular spot for the local lgbtq+Q+ community. It's known for its friendly atmosphere and diverse crowd. The club offers a variety of events, including karaoke nights, drag shows, and themed parties. The outdoor patio is a favorite spot for patrons during the summer months.
- The Sun Trapp: This is another popular bar in Salt Lake City. The Sun Trapp distinguishes itself with its large outdoor patio and its unique southwestern aesthetic. It's a great place to enjoy a drink and socialize.
- Metro Music Hall: This venue hosts a variety of events, including concerts, dance parties, and drag shows. It's a great place to enjoy live entertainment in a welcoming environment.
- The Moose Lounge: Located in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City, The Moose Lounge is a popular spot for dancing and nightlife. They host a variety of themed nights, including lgbtq+Q+ events.
- Twist Bar & Bistro: Twist is a unique spot that combines a bar, bistro, and social club into one. It's located in a renovated warehouse, giving it a unique industrial chic vibe. They offer a variety of food and drink options, as well as events like trivia nights and viewing parties for RuPaul's Drag Race.
- Utah Pride Center: While not a bar or club, the Utah Pride Center is a crucial part of the lgbtq+Q+ community in Utah. They offer resources, support, and events for lgbtq+Q+ individuals in the area.
- Salt Lake City Pride: This annual event is a highlight for the community. The festival includes a parade, live music, food vendors, and more. It's a celebration of diversity and inclusion in the city.
- Southern Utah Pride: This event in St. George is a newer addition to the state's Pride celebrations. It offers another opportunity for the community in Southern Utah to come together and celebrate.
- Hotel Park City, Autograph Collection (Gay-Friendly): Situated near Park City's main attractions, Hotel Park City offers cozy rooms with mountain views. The hotel includes a golf course, spa, and outdoor pool. During winter, the complimentary shuttle takes guests to the nearby ski resorts. Check Availability and Prices: Hotel Park City, Autograph Collection
- Montage Deer Valley (Gay-Friendly): Set amidst the pristine Deer Valley slopes, Montage Deer Valley offers luxurious rooms and private residences. The hotel features ski-in/ski-out access, multiple dining options, and an indulgent spa experience. Check Availability and Prices: Montage Deer Valley
- Waldorf Astoria Park City (Gay-Friendly): Located in Canyons Village, the Waldorf Astoria Park City provides elegant rooms and suites with a cozy fireplace. Guests can enjoy the hotel's ski valet service and access to the renowned Waldorf Astoria spa. Check Availability and Prices: Waldorf Astoria Park City
- Moab Springs Ranch (Gay-Friendly): Nestled in the red rock landscape of Moab, Moab Springs Ranch offers cozy townhomes with stunning views. The property includes hot tubs, a swimming pool, and is just a short drive from Arches and Canyonlands National Parks. Check Availability and Prices: Moab Springs Ranch
- Inn on the Cliff (Men Only): Perched on a cliff in St. George, this men-only hotel offers stunning views of the city and surrounding landscapes. The modern rooms and rooftop pool provide a relaxing retreat for male travelers. Check Availability and Prices: Inn on the Cliff
- Comfort Inn & Suites Zion Park Area (Gay-Friendly): Located close to Zion National Park, Comfort Inn & Suites offers comfortable rooms with easy access to outdoor activities. The hotel provides a complimentary breakfast, outdoor pool, and hot tub. Check Availability and Prices: Comfort Inn & Suites Zion Park Area