Barcelona is home to some of the most exciting gay circuit parties on the face of the planet. If that does not whet your appetite, then perhaps you need to check your pulse, as that is just the tip of the iceberg. Barcelona offers the gay traveler a wide range of clubs, after parties, bars, gay owned restaurants and accommodation, and much more. All of this takes place in a city that has gorgeous weather year round and offers some of the most handsome and built guys on the face of the planet. Barcelona is a city rich in culture. It is a diverse community that prides itself on being accommodating and inclusive. It is definitely a city that you will want to add to your ‘must do’ list!.
Stay updated with events in Barcelona
Barcelona is a popular destination for the lgbtq+Q+ community, and the city offers a variety of gay events and hotspots throughout the year. Here are some of the top events and places to check out:
- Barcelona Gay Pride: Barcelona Pride is a week-long celebration held every June. The event includes a parade, concerts, parties, and other cultural activities.
- Circuit Festival: Circuit Festival is a huge electronic music festival that takes place in August. The festival features international DJs, pool parties, and other events.
- Sitges Gay Carnival: Sitges is a nearby town known for its gay scene and its annual carnival in February. The carnival includes parades, costumes, and parties.
- Punto BCN: Punto BCN is a popular gay bar located in the heart of Barcelona's gay district, Eixample. The bar has a friendly atmosphere, and it's a great place to start your night out.
- El Cangrejo: El Cangrejo is another popular gay bar in Eixample. The bar is known for its drag shows and friendly staff.
- Arena Madre: Arena Madre is a club that's popular with locals and visitors alike. The club has multiple dance floors and hosts themed parties throughout the week.
- Sauna Condal: Sauna Condal is a popular gay sauna in Eixample. The sauna features a jacuzzi, steam room, and dark room.
- Axel Hotel: The Axel Hotel is a popular gay-friendly hotel located in Eixample. The hotel has a rooftop pool and bar that's a popular spot for drinks and sunbathing.
- The Black Room: The Black Room is a leather and fetish bar located in the Gothic Quarter. The bar has a dark and sexy atmosphere and hosts themed parties throughout the week.
- Arena VIP: Arena VIP is a popular gay club that's known for its VIP area and bottle service. The club has a large dance floor and hosts international DJs.
These are just a few of the many gay events and hotspots in Barcelona. No matter what time of year you visit, there's always something going on in the city's vibrant lgbtq+Q+ scene.
The main gay area of ??Barcelona is l'Eixample
or Gay Eixample
, but let's start at the beginning. The first thing is the street that everyone has heard about in Barcelona, ??Las Ramblas. This street runs from the port to the center, ending just a few blocks from the gay district, and Barcelona's best street performers are famous. What will surprise you pleasantly is the very friendly and eager to help that is the people in a city of this size.
At dusk is when Barcelona really begins to live. After a hot day, the handsome ones go outside to play !. The Gay atmosphere of Barcelona has a lot of life and style, but remember that in Spain does not eat until 10pm, bars do not start until midnight and discos do not open until 3am, so I sleep a little before leaving because, you will be Out all night to drool for the beautiful Catalans.
The Ensanche (in Catalan and officially L'Eixample) is the name given to the second district of the city of Barcelona, ??which occupies the central part of the city, in a wide area of ??7.46 km² that was designed by Ildefonso Cerdá.
It is the most populated district of Barcelona and of all Spain in absolute terms (262,485 inhabitants) and the second in relative terms (35,586 hab / km ²). In the district of Ensanche is where you can find some of the most famous roads and squares of Barcelona, ??such as Paseo de Gracia, Rambla de Catalunya, Plaza Catalunya, Diagonal avenue, Aragon street, Gran Vía de The Cortes Catalanas, the Balmes street, the San Antonio round, the San Pedro round, the San Juan promenade, the Sagrada Familia square, the Gaudi square, The Plaza de las Glorias Catalanas and the Francesc Macià Square.
Also in the Ensanche you will find many places of tourist interest and citizens such as the Basilica of the Sagrada Familia, Casa Milà, Casa Batlló, the National Theater of Catalonia, the Auditorium of Barcelona, ??Monumental Bullring, Casa de Les Punxes, as well as numerous cinemas, theaters, restaurants, hotels
and other places of leisure.Men-only or gay hotels in Barcelona! Here are some options:
- TWO Hotel Barcelona by Axel: Another excellent option from the Axel chain, this modern hotel features a rooftop terrace with a hot tub and panoramic views. It is just a short walk away from the gay scene. Check Availability and Prices: Link
- H10 Casanova: This modern hotel combines a central location with a relaxed atmosphere. It features elegant rooms, a rooftop pool, and a stylish bar. The gay district is easily accessible from here. Check Availability and Prices: Link
- Hotel Catalonia Ramblas: Situated on Barcelona's famous Las Ramblas, this hotel provides comfortable rooms, a rooftop pool, and a central location. It is within walking distance of the gay neighborhood and popular gay bars. Check Availability and Prices: Link
- Hotel HCC Regente: Nestled in a historic building, this hotel boasts elegant rooms, a rooftop terrace, and a central location. It is close to gay bars and clubs, allowing you to enjoy Barcelona's vibrant nightlife. Check Availability and Prices: Link
- Hotel Avenida Palace: This luxurious hotel combines classic charm with modern amenities. It features spacious rooms, a rooftop terrace, and a central location near gay-friendly areas and attractions. Check Availability and Prices: Link
- Hotel Jazz: Located just off Plaza Catalunya, this contemporary hotel offers comfortable rooms, a rooftop pool, and a lively jazz bar. It provides easy access to the gay scene and popular landmarks. Check Availability and Prices: Link
TWO Hotel Barcelona by Axel is an adults-only hotel located in the heart of Barcelona's gay district, known as "Gaixample". This exclusive, cosmopolitan establishment promotes a friendly and open environment, particularly targeting the lgbtq+Q+ community, though being 'hetero-friendly', it welcomes all guests with open arms.
Situated at Calle Calabria 90-92, the hotel is surrounded by an extensive range of entertainment venues and is only a few minutes away from iconic sights such as the Plaza España and the Magic Fountain of Montjuic. It's also conveniently located for the city's high-speed train station, Barcelona-Sants, making it a practical choice for travelers.
This stylish establishment offers 87 beautiful rooms, each designed with a contemporary aesthetic and equipped with a host of amenities to ensure a comfortable and luxurious stay. All rooms feature soundproofing, air conditioning, a flat-screen TV, and a safe. Most rooms also come with a private terrace, providing a tranquil retreat amidst the city bustle.
The rooftop area is another highlight of TWO Hotel Barcelona by Axel. It boasts a heated swimming pool, sun terrace, and a bar, where guests can unwind with a cocktail while enjoying breathtaking views of the city skyline.
For fitness enthusiasts, the hotel offers a modern gym equipped with a variety of machines to help guests keep up with their exercise routines. There's also a sauna and hot tub for relaxation after a long day of sightseeing.
When it comes to dining, there's a hearty breakfast served daily and an on-site bar, but you'll also find a plethora of restaurants and cafes in the nearby vicinity, serving a wide variety of local and international cuisines.
The staff at TWO Hotel Barcelona by Axel are known for their friendly and helpful service, assisting guests with local information and tips to make the most out of their Barcelona experience.
One point of note is the hotel's commitment to the lgbtq+Q+ community. They host a variety of events and parties throughout the year, making it not just a place to stay, but a vibrant social hub.
For those seeking a vibrant, inclusive, and stylish place to stay in the heart of Barcelona, TWO Hotel Barcelona by Axel is a wonderful choice.
Check Availability and Prices: TWO Hotel Barcelona by Axel