Nebraska has a proud and vibrant lgbtq+Q+ community with many events and celebrations throughout the year:
- Omaha Pride Festival: Held annually in Omaha, Nebraska, this event is one of the highlights of the lgbtq+Q+ calendar. It typically includes a pride parade, music performances, food vendors, and information booths from lgbtq+Q+ friendly businesses and organizations.
- Star City Pride Festival: Lincoln, Nebraska, hosts the Star City Pride Festival, celebrating the lgbtq+Q+ community. The event features live performances, a parade, and a wide range of activities for both adults and children.
- Heartland Pride Parade: The Heartland Pride Parade is an event in the Omaha-Council Bluffs area that often takes place in conjunction with the Omaha Pride Festival. It's an occasion for the lgbtq+Q+ community and their allies to show their pride and promote inclusivity.
- Dixie Quicks Public House Drag Brunch: In Omaha, Dixie Quicks Public House traditionally hosts a popular Drag Brunch every Sunday. It offers a unique mix of food, fun, and fabulous performances by local drag queens.
- Film Streams’ Day with(out) Art: Film Streams, in collaboration with Visual AIDS, traditionally presents a free program of films to mark World AIDS Day, shedding light on the lives of people living with HIV and AIDS.
- lgbtq+Q+ Nights at various venues: Many local bars, restaurants, and other venues host regular lgbtq+Q+ nights, where people can come together in a welcoming environment. These could be trivia nights, karaoke evenings, dance parties, or just casual get-togethers.
lgbtq+Q+-friendly spots in Nebraska:
Here's a list of six gay-friendly hotels in Nebraska:
- Flixx Lounge & Cabaret Show Bar - Omaha: Located in the heart of downtown Omaha, Flixx is a popular spot that boasts a friendly atmosphere, fun drag shows, and karaoke nights. Their events calendar is packed year-round, making it a dynamic spot for the local lgbtq+Q+ community and its allies.
- The Max - Omaha: Known as Nebraska's best dance club, The Max offers multiple dance floors with different music genres, an outdoor patio, and themed events. It's been a cornerstone of the gay nightlife scene in Omaha for decades, with its vibrant, welcoming vibe that attracts a diverse crowd.
- The Panic Bar - Lincoln: Panic Bar, locally referred to as "The Panic," is Lincoln's oldest gay bar. Known for its friendly, unpretentious atmosphere, it also offers regular events such as drag shows and dance parties.
- Omaha Mining Company - Omaha: As one of Omaha's oldest gay bars, this spot offers a relaxed atmosphere with friendly staff, cheap drinks, and themed nights. Its regular patrons appreciate the laid-back vibe, making it a popular hangout spot.
- The Tavern - Omaha: Located in the Old Market district, The Tavern is a welcoming sports bar that offers a relaxed, inclusive atmosphere. It's not explicitly a gay bar, but it's known for being lgbtq+Q+-friendly.
- M's Pub - Omaha: While M's Pub isn't a gay bar per se, it's a beloved eatery in the Old Market neighborhood known for its inclusive vibe. It's a great place to grab dinner or drinks, whether you're starting your evening or winding it down.
- Daisy's on the Lake - Omaha: A beautiful lakeside restaurant and bar, Daisy's is known for its accepting and friendly environment. It's a popular spot for Sunday brunch, offering an extensive menu and gorgeous views of the lake.
- Parliament Pub - Omaha: This British-themed bar located in the downtown area is well-loved for its friendly staff, cozy atmosphere, and diverse crowd. It's a popular hangout spot for the lgbtq+Q+ community, particularly during Pride month.
- The Hub - Lincoln: The Hub is a neighborhood gay bar that offers a fun, relaxed setting for people to socialize. Known for their karaoke nights, pool tables, and welcoming staff, this is a go-to spot for many locals and visitors alike.
- The Bourbon Theatre - Lincoln: This isn't a bar, but it's worth noting as it regularly hosts lgbtq+Q+ events, including drag shows and lgbtq+Q+ film festivals. It's a significant cultural hotspot that contributes to the lgbtq+Q+ scene in Lincoln.
Here are gay-friendly hotels in Lincoln, NE:
- Magnolia Hotel Omaha (Gay-Friendly): Situated in downtown Omaha, the Magnolia Hotel offers a sophisticated and welcoming ambiance. The hotel boasts boutique-style rooms, a complimentary evening reception, and a fitness center. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com Link
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Lincoln (Gay-Friendly) The Embassy Suites by Hilton in Lincoln offers spacious suites and a variety of on-site facilities, including a restaurant, indoor pool, and fitness center. It's an ideal choice for families or travelers seeking extra space. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com Link
- Hilton Omaha (Gay-Friendly) Situated in downtown Omaha, the Hilton Omaha provides modern and comfortable accommodations. It offers an indoor pool, fitness center, on-site dining, and easy access to the city's attractions. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com Link
- Graduate Lincoln (Gay-friendly) Located in the heart of downtown Lincoln, Graduate Lincoln offers stylish accommodations with modern amenities. The hotel features a vibrant atmosphere, comfortable rooms, and a rooftop bar with panoramic city views. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com link
- Embassy Suites Lincoln (Gay-friendly) Conveniently located downtown, Embassy Suites Lincoln provides spacious suites equipped with separate living areas. The hotel offers a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, an indoor pool, and a fitness center. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com link
- The Kindler Hotel (Gay-friendly) Located in the historic Haymarket District, The Kindler Hotel offers luxurious accommodations with a blend of modern design and historic charm. The hotel features an on-site restaurant, a fitness center, and a rooftop terrace. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com link
Magnolia Hotel Omaha - Gay Friendly
The Magnolia Hotel Omaha is a beautiful hotel located downtown Omaha and within walking distance of the Old Market. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, beautifully furnished, and incredibly clean. You will be greeted by the friendliest and helpful staff. Parking is onsite and there is a wonderful bar and restaurant in the lobby1
The hotel is rated 8.1 out of 10 on Booking.com, with particularly high ratings for staff (8.9), location (8.9), and comfort (8.8). Guests have commented on the helpfulness of the staff, the good location, and the charm of the historic building. A couple of guests mentioned that breakfast was not available during their stay, but they found a good coffee shop nearby.
For gay visitors, DC’s Saloon and the Max are a few blocks away. The hotel also offers a free shuttle service to downtown Omaha and the airport.Check Availability and Prices