Savannah Pride is an annual lgbtq+Q+ pride festival held in Savannah, Georgia, USA. The festival typically takes place in October and celebrates the diversity and inclusion of the lgbtq+Q+ community in Savannah and the surrounding areas.
Celebrate and support being queer in the south by joining us for pop-up events all throughout the week leading up to The First City Pride Center’s Savannah Pride Festival, October 20th-21st in Ellis Square next to Savannah’s historic City Market.
Your faves are back:
Pride Festival | Pride Parade | Pride AFTER DARK | Masqueerade | Drag | Musicians | Carnival Games | Costume Contest | Youth Activities & More!
Stay updated with events in Savannah, GA
Here are eight recommendations and tips for a gay traveler visiting Savannah Pride:
- History: Savannah Pride was first held in 2000 and has since become one of the largest pride festivals in the southeastern United States. The festival has grown over the years, attracting visitors from all over the country.
- Events: The festival features a variety of events, including a parade, live music, drag shows, vendors, and educational workshops. There are also events specifically for families and children.
- Location: Savannah Pride takes place in various locations throughout the city, including Forsyth Park and River Street. The parade typically starts at Forsyth Park and ends at River Street.
- Community involvement: Savannah Pride is organized by the Savannah lgbtq+ Center, a non-profit organization that provides support, resources, and advocacy for the lgbtq+Q+ community in Savannah. The festival also involves many local businesses, organizations, and volunteers.
Diversity and inclusion: Savannah Pride is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion, and the festival welcomes people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and backgrounds.
- Impact: Savannah Pride has a significant impact on the local community, both socially and economically. The festival brings in visitors from all over the country, boosting the local economy and promoting Savannah as a welcoming and inclusive city.
Here is a list of gay-friendly hotels in Savannah:
- Research the Event: Check out the official Savannah Pride website for information on the dates, times, and locations of events. Make sure to plan your trip accordingly, so you don't miss any of the festivities.
- Book Accommodation in Advance: Savannah is a popular tourist destination, so make sure to book your accommodation in advance to avoid disappointment. Look for lgbtq+-friendly hotels, guesthouses, or Airbnbs.
- Dress for the Occasion: Savannah Pride is a colorful and vibrant event, so don't be afraid to dress up and express yourself. Consider wearing rainbow colors or other lgbtq+ symbols to show your pride.
- Stay Safe: As with any large public event, be aware of your surroundings and take precautions to stay safe. Stick to well-lit areas, avoid traveling alone at night, and be cautious of pickpockets and other potential dangers.
- Make New Friends: Savannah Pride is a great opportunity to meet like-minded individuals and make new friends. Strike up conversations with people and attend events that interest you.
- Explore the City: Savannah is a beautiful city with lots of history, so take some time to explore the sights and sounds. Visit museums, parks, and other attractions, and take in the local culture.
- Be Respectful: Remember that not everyone in Savannah may be supportive of the lgbtq+ community. Be respectful of others' beliefs and opinions, and avoid confrontations or negative interactions.
- Have Fun: Above all, have fun and enjoy yourself! Savannah Pride is a celebration of diversity and inclusivity, so let loose and have a good time.
- The Gastonian (Gay-Friendly): Located in the historic district, The Gastonian offers elegant accommodations with Southern charm. Enjoy the beautifully decorated rooms and complimentary gourmet breakfast. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com Link
- The Marshall House (Gay-Friendly): With a blend of historic charm and modern amenities, The Marshall House offers comfortable rooms in the heart of the city. Enjoy the rooftop terrace and convenient location near popular attractions. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com Link
- Hamilton-Turner Inn (Gay-Friendly): This luxurious bed and breakfast, located in a 19th-century mansion, provides a sophisticated retreat. Indulge in the elegant rooms, Southern hospitality, and gourmet breakfast. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com Link
- Mansion on Forsyth Park (Gay-Friendly): Located near the famous Forsyth Park, Mansion on Forsyth Park offers luxurious accommodations and a world-class spa. Experience the artful ambiance and indulge in the upscale amenities. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com Link
This ip address is limited.