Gay Country Rank: 3/193
Montreal Pride is an annual lgbtq+Q+ pride festival that takes place in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The festival typically occurs over a ten-day period in August and includes a variety of events such as parades, concerts, parties, and cultural activities. Montreal Pride is one of the largest lgbtq+Q+ events in Canada, attracting hundreds of thousands of participants each year.
The festival is organized by a non-profit organization called Fierte Montreal, which aims to promote and celebrate lgbtq+Q+ rights, diversity, and inclusion. Fierte Montreal collaborates with a variety of community groups, businesses, and organizations to put on the festival and ensure that it represents the diverse experiences and perspectives of the lgbtq+Q+ community.
Some of the highlights of Montreal Pride include the annual parade, which winds through the city's downtown core and features floats, costumes, music, and dancing. There are also a number of community events and cultural activities, such as film screenings, art exhibitions, and discussions on lgbtq+Q+ issues.
Montreal Pride is a vibrant and inclusive celebration of lgbtq+Q+ identity and culture, and it's a wonderful opportunity for people of all backgrounds to come together and show their support for the lgbtq+Q+ community.
Stay updated with events in Canada
10 recommendations and tips for a gay traveler attending Montreal Pride.
Men-only hotels in Montreal:
- Check out the main event: The Montreal Pride Parade is the main event of the festival and it's a must-see. It's a vibrant and lively celebration of diversity and inclusivity.
- Plan ahead: Make sure to plan your trip to Montreal during the festival dates, which usually fall in August. Book your accommodations and flights well in advance to ensure availability and better pricing.
- Dress appropriately: It can get hot and humid during the festival, so dress comfortably and wear sunscreen. You can also add some flair to your outfit with colorful accessories and pride gear.
- Explore the Gay Village: Montreal's Gay Village is a vibrant and welcoming neighborhood with plenty of lgbtq+Q+ bars, restaurants, and shops. It's the epicenter of the city's lgbtq+Q+ scene and a great place to exploreduring the festival.
- Attend the Community Day: The Community Day is a free event that takes place during the festival and offers a chance to learn about lgbtq+Q+ organizations, meet activists, and attend workshops.
- Party at the Circuit Parties: Montreal Pride is famous for its Circuit Parties, which are large-scale dance events that feature world-renowned DJs and performers. These parties are a highlight of the festival, so don't miss them!
- Attend a Drag Show: Montreal has a thriving drag scene, and many of the city's top performers take the stage during the festival. Catch a show at one of the local bars or clubs for a memorable night out.
- Explore Montreal's Culture: Montreal is a city with rich cultural heritage, and the festival is a great opportunity to explore its art, music, and history. Check out the city's museums, galleries, and festivals to get a taste of its vibrant culture.
- Meet New People: Montreal Pride attracts people from all over the world, so it's a great chance to meet new friends and make connections with people who share your interests.
- Be Open-minded: Finally, be open-minded and respectful during the festival. The lgbtq+Q+ community is diverse, and the festival is a celebration of that diversity. Embrace different perspectives and experiences, and you're sure to have a great time at Montreal Pride.
Gay-friendly hotels in Montreal:
- Hotel Hippocampe - Men Only Hotel Hippocampe is a popular men-only hotel located in the heart of Montreal's Gay Village. This charming boutique hotel offers comfortable rooms, a friendly atmosphere, and a welcoming environment exclusively for gay men. Check Availability and Prices: Link
- Hotel Studiotel Bromont - Men Only Located just outside Montreal in Bromont, Hotel Studiotel Bromont is a men-only hotel that caters to gay travelers seeking a relaxing getaway. The hotel offers comfortable rooms, a beautiful outdoor pool, and is in close proximity to skiing and golfing opportunities. Check Availability and Prices: Link
- Hotel Stay Centre-Ville - Men Only Hotel Stay Centre-Ville is a men-only hotel situated in the heart of Montreal. This budget-friendly accommodation provides comfortable rooms, a communal kitchen, and a convenient location within walking distance of popular gay establishments and attractions. Check Availability and Prices: Link
- Hotel Lelux - Men Only Hotel Lelux is a men-only hotel located in Montreal's Gay Village. It offers affordable and cozy rooms, a friendly atmosphere, and a prime location close to gay bars, clubs, and restaurants. Check Availability and Prices: Link
- Hotel Le Crystal - Gay-friendly Located in the heart of downtown Montreal, Hotel Le Crystal offers luxury accommodations with modern amenities and personalized service. The hotel features a rooftop terrace, a spa, and a fitness center. Check Availability and Prices: Link
- W Montreal - Gay-friendly Situated in Old Montreal, W Montreal offers a stylish and contemporary atmosphere. The hotel boasts a rooftop bar, a fitness center, and a spa. Check Availability and Prices: Link
- Hotel Gault - Gay-friendly Located in a historic building in Old Montreal, Hotel Gault offers spacious rooms with a minimalist design. The hotel features a rooftop terrace and a fitness center. Check Availability and Prices: Link
- Hotel Nelligan - Gay-friendly Located in the vibrant neighborhood of Old Montreal, Hotel Nelligan offers a blend of classic charm and modern amenities. The hotel features a rooftop terrace, a fitness center, and a restaurant. Check Availability and Prices: Link
- Le Saint-Sulpice Hotel Montreal - Gay-friendly Nestled in the heart of Old Montreal, Le Saint-Sulpice Hotel offers spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens. The hotel features a courtyard terrace, a fitness center, and a restaurant. Check Availability and Prices: Link
- Auberge du Vieux-Port - Gay-friendly Situated along the waterfront in Old Montreal, Auberge du Vieux-Port offers cozy rooms with a rustic charm. The hotel features a rooftop terrace, a restaurant, and a bar. Check Availability and Prices: Link
- Hotel William Gray - Gay-friendly Located in Old Montreal, Hotel William Gray offers contemporary accommodations with a blend of modern design and historic elements. The hotel features a rooftop terrace, a spa, and a rooftop pool. Check Availability and Prices: Link
- Hotel Bonaventure Montreal - Gay-friendly Located in downtown Montreal, Hotel Bonaventure offers comfortable accommodations with city views. The hotel features a rooftop garden, an outdoor pool, and a fitness center. Check Availability and Prices: Link
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal - Gay-friendly Located in downtown Montreal, Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal offers contemporary accommodations with a stylish design. The hotel features a rooftop pool, a fitness center, and a restaurant. Check Availability and Prices: Link
- Hotel Monville - Gay-friendly Situated in downtown Montreal, Hotel Monville offers modern and eco-friendly accommodations. The hotel features a rooftop terrace, a fitness center, and a restaurant. Check Availability and Prices: Link