Northalsted Market Days, also known as Chicago Market Days or simply Market Days, is an annual summer street festival held in the Northalsted neighborhood of Chicago, Illinois. Spanning over a weekend, typically in August, the event celebrates the diversity, culture, and community of the Northalsted ( also known as Boystown ) area. With a rich history dating back to 1982, Northalsted Market Days has grown to become one of the largest and most popular street festivals in the Midwest.
The festival takes place along a half-mile stretch of North Halsted Street, between Belmont Avenue and Addison Street. It features multiple stages for live music and entertainment, showcasing a variety of artists, local bands, and nationally renowned performers. In addition to the music, the event offers a vibrant and diverse array of food vendors, arts and crafts booths, and local business displays, drawing in a crowd of over 100,000 attendees each year.
One of the main attractions of Northalsted Market Days is its focus on the lgbtq+Q+ community
, as it is held in one of the most prominent lgbtq+Q+ neighborhoods in the country. The festival is organized by the Northalsted Business Alliance, a non-profit organization dedicated to the economic development, promotion, and support of the Northalsted community. A portion of the proceeds from the event is used to fund various neighborhood projects and initiatives.
Over the years, the event has earned a reputation for its unique atmosphere, combining the spirit of inclusivity and celebration with a wide range of entertainment options. Visitors can expect to find a family-friendly environment, along with a lively nightlife scene at the numerous bars and clubs in the area. Many local businesses offer special deals and promotions during the festival, making it an excellent time to explore the neighborhood and discover new shops, restaurants, and services.
While the specific dates and lineup of performers may change from year to year, you can always expect Northalsted Market Days to be a weekend filled with fun, excitement, and community pride. To get the most up-to-date information about the event, including schedules, lineups, and any changes due to weather or other circumstances, it's a good idea to follow the Northalsted Business Alliance's website and social media channels.
Stay updated with events in Chicago, IL
Upcoming Mega Events Nearby
Here are some details on 6 men-only or gay-friendly hotels in Chicago, IL :
- The Guesthouse Hotel - Located in the vibrant Andersonville neighborhood, The Guesthouse Hotel offers stylish accommodations and a welcoming environment for all guests. The hotel features modern amenities and spacious suites. Check Availability and Prices: Link
- The Peninsula Chicago - This luxurious hotel in the Magnificent Mile neighborhood offers top-notch amenities and exceptional service. With elegant rooms and stunning views of the city, The Peninsula Chicago is a popular choice for discerning travelers. Check Availability and Prices: Link
- The Robey - Located in the Wicker Park neighborhood, The Robey is a boutique hotel known for its stylish design and rooftop lounge. Guests can experience a blend of classic and modern aesthetics. Check Availability and Prices: Link
- The Publishing House Bed and Breakfast - Situated in the West Loop neighborhood, this charming bed and breakfast provides cozy rooms and a personalized experience. Guests can enjoy a homemade breakfast and a warm, inviting atmosphere. Check Availability and Prices: Link
- The Talbott Hotel - Situated in the Gold Coast neighborhood, The Talbott Hotel provides a classic and sophisticated atmosphere. With comfortable rooms and exceptional service, it's an excellent choice for a memorable stay. Check Availability and Prices: Link
- The Langham, Chicago - This luxury hotel in the River North neighborhood offers opulent accommodations and exceptional service. Guests can enjoy spacious rooms, a spa, and panoramic views of the city. Check Availability and Prices: Link