CSD Frankfurt, also known as Christopher Street Day Frankfurt, is an annual lgbtq+Q+ pride event that takes place in Frankfurt, Germany. The event is named after Christopher Street in New York City, where the Stonewall riots took place in 1969, marking the beginning of the modern lgbtq++ rights movement.
CSD Frankfurt is typically celebrated in July, with the main event taking place on a Saturday. The celebration consists of a colorful parade, street festivals, live music, and various cultural and political events throughout the city. It is a vibrant and energetic event that unites people from different backgrounds, aiming to promote acceptance, tolerance, and understanding.
The parade is the highlight of the event, with participants dressing up in elaborate costumes and colorful outfits. The parade route varies slightly each year, but it generally starts at Römerberg, the historic city center of Frankfurt, and proceeds through the city, passing by iconic landmarks such as the Alte Oper ( Old Opera House ) and the Hauptwache (Main Guard).
Various stages are set up throughout the city during the festival, featuring live music, DJs, and performances by both local and international artists. The street festival also includes numerous food and drink stands, as well as information booths from lgbtq+Q+ organizations and other community groups.
CSD Frankfurt also has a political agenda. Each year, the event raises awareness and advocates for the rights and equality of the lgbtq+Q+ community, addressing current issues such as discrimination, hate crimes, and legal rights for same-sex couples.
CSD Frankfurt is organized by a non-profit association called "Verein CSD Frankfurt e.V.", which works closely with various local organizations and businesses to ensure the success of the event. The celebration attracts thousands of visitors every year, making it one of the largest pride events in Germany and an important cultural and social event in Frankfurt.Official Website
Stay updated with events in Cologne
Upcoming Mega Events Nearby
Here are some recommendations for the CSD (Christopher Street Day) event in Frankfurt:
Some popular men-only and gay-friendly hotels in Frankfurt:
- Attend the Parade: The CSD parade is the highlight of the event and takes place on the first Saturday of July. It is a colorful and vibrant procession that attracts thousands of people from all over the world. The parade route starts at Konstablerwache and goes through the city center, ending at Römerberg.
- Check out the Main Stage: The Main Stage is where you'll find live music, performances, and speeches by activists and politicians. It's a great place to relax and soak up the atmospere, and you may even discover a new favorite artist or performer.
- Visit the Street Festival: The Street Festival is a lively and fun event that takes place in the heart of the city. There are food stalls, music, and entertainment, as well as numerous booths where you can learn more about lgbtq+Q+ rights and organizations.
- Attend the Film Festival: The CSD Frankfurt Film Festival is a great opportunity to watch movies that focus on lgbtq+Q+ themes and issues. The festival usually takes place in June and features films from around the world.
- Party at the After-Party: After the parade and the street festival, the party continues into the night. There are numerous clubs and bars in Frankfurt that host after-parties, so you'll have plenty of options to choose from. Just make sure to pace yourself and drink plenty of water!
- The Westin Grand Frankfurt: The Westin Grand Frankfurt is a luxurious hotel located in the heart of the city. It offers modern and stylish rooms, a spa area, a fitness center, and several on-site restaurants. The hotel is gay-friendly and a popular choice for the lgbtq+Q+ community.
Check Availability and Prices: https://www.booking.com/hotel/de/westin-grand-frankfurt.en-gb.html?aid=1319615
- 25hours Hotel The Trip: This trendy and colorful hotel is situated in the lively Bahnhofsviertel district. Known for its quirky design and a relaxed atmosphere, the 25hours Hotel The Trip is a gay-friendly option that caters to diverse clientele. The hotel features an on-site restaurant, a rooftop terrace, and a fitness center.
Check Availability and Prices: https://www.booking.com/hotel/de/25hourshotelthetrip.en-gb.html?aid=1319615
- Lindner Hotel & Residence Main Plaza: Located in the Sachsenhausen district, the Lindner Hotel & Residence Main Plaza offers a stunning view of the Frankfurt skyline. This gay-friendly hotel features spacious rooms, a wellness area, a fitness center, and an on-site restaurant. Its location near the Main River makes it an ideal choice for travelers looking to explore the city.
Check Availability and Prices: https://www.booking.com/hotel/de/lindner-main-plaza.en-gb.html?aid=1319615
- The Pure: The Pure is a minimalist and design-oriented hotel located near the central station. This gay-friendly hotel offers elegant rooms, a fitness center, and a peaceful courtyard. The Pure is a popular choice for guests who appreciate modern design and a central location.
Check Availability and Prices: https://www.booking.com/hotel/de/thepure.en-gb.html?aid=1319615
- Fleming's Hotel Frankfurt Main-Riverside: This sleek and modern hotel is situated in the heart of Frankfurt, close to many popular attractions. Fleming's Hotel Frankfurt Main-Riverside is a gay-friendly establishment with stylish rooms, a fitness center, a sauna, and an on-site restaurant. The hotel's convenient location and excellent facilities make it a popular choice for travelers.
Check Availability and Prices: https://www.booking.com/hotel/de/fleming-s-frankfurt-main-riverside.en-gb.html?aid=1319615