Folsom Street East is an annual event that takes place in New York City, typically held in June. The event is a celebration of B.D.S.M and fetish culture, and features a variety of activities such as live music, performances, art installations, and vendors selling BDSM-related merchandise.
The festival is named after San Francisco's Folsom Street Fair, which is one of the largest BDSM events in the world. Folsom Street East aims to provide a similar experience for those who may not be able to attend the San Francisco event, and also to showcase the vibrant and diverse BDSM community in New York City.
The event is open to people of all genders, sexual orientations, and identities, and promotes a culture of consent and respect. Attendees are encouraged to express themselves through clothing and other forms of self-expression, and the event has become a popular destination for those interested in expluring kink and fetish culture.
Folsom Street East also raises money for local charities that support the lgbtq+Q+ community and other marginalized groups. The event is organized by volunteers and relies on the support of community members to ensure its success each year.
Sunday June 19th Folsom Street East, Inc. brings the S.L.U.T.S. (Sex Love Unity Trust Safety) experience, returning to the streets and our roots with a brand new FSE. After 3 long years we’re excited to bring you "Outta The Dark And Into The Streets" for our 23rd annual celebration showcasing the wide spectrum of fetish community in all our colors.
This year finds us back where we began in the West Village in one of the most historic places for lgbtq+QIA+ culture: Christopher Street. After the success of last Year’s Heritage of Pride Pop-Up, together again with Rockbar we’re (re)turning one of queer NYC’s most loved spaces for the leather, fetish and kink community into our nighttime playground in the sun—music, sights, fun, fellowship—everything you’ve come to expect from Folsom Street East over the years. Come out in gear, have fun and represent your flag! All are welcomed and encouraged to celebrate with us and enjoy some long-awaited camaraderie. We look forward to seeing you there. Finally.
Stay updated with events in New York City
Upcoming Mega Events Nearby
Here are 10 suggestions based on popularity among tourists:
- Plan your trip ahead of time: Folsom Street East is a popular event in NYC, so it's essential to plan your trip ahead of time. Check the dates, location, and times of the event and make arrangements for travel, lodging, and other activities you'd like to do while in the city.
- Dress appropriately: Folsom Street East is a leather and fetish street festival, so dress accordingly. Wear comfortable shoes, and don't be afraid to show off your favorite leather or fetish gear.
- Stay hydrated: Folsom Street East can get hot and crowded, so make sure to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water throghout the day.
- Be respectful: Folsom Street East is a celebration of diversity and sexual expression, but it's esential to be respectful of others' boundaries and preferences.
- Check out the vendors: Folsom Street East features many vendors selling everything from leather gear to sex toys. Take some time to explore the different booths and see what catches your eye.
- Try the food: Folsom Street East has a variety of food vendors serving up everything from BBQ to vegan options. Take a break from the festivities and grab a bite to eat.
- Attend the after-parties: After the street festival, many bars and clubs in the area host after-parties. Check out the different options and find one that suits your tastes.
- Meet new people: Folsom Street East is a great opportunity to meet like-minded individuals and make new friends. Strike up a conversation with someone and see where it takes you.
- Explore the city: While you're in town, take some time to explore the city. Check out some of the famous landmarks like the Empire State Building or the Statue of Liberty.
- Have fun: Above all, have fun! Folsom Street East is a celebration of sexuality and diversity, so enjoy the festivities and let loose.