The Pride Center of the Capital Region is excited to announce the 2023 Capital PRIDE Parade and Festival on Sunday June 11, 2023 in Albany's historic Washington Park. The Capital Pride Parade Kicks Off at 11:45AM starting down State St. onto Lark Street and then Madison Ave. Capital Pride 2023 Presented by Hannaford Supermarkets.
Capital PRIDE and the Capital Pride Parade and Festival benefit the critical programs and services of the Pride Center of the Capital Region. Please join us in 2023 by marching in the Capital PRIDE Parade, Advertising your business in the Pride Guide, become a Festival Vendor, Becoming a Corporate Sponsor or enjoying the Capital PRIDE Festival!
Stay updated with events in New York City
Upcoming Mega Events Nearby
10 recommendations and tips for NYC Gay Pride:
- Plan ahead: Make sure to research the schedule of events for Gay Pride and plan your day accordingly. This will help you ensure you don't miss out on any activities or events that you want to attend.
- Dress for the occasion: Wear bright colors or dress in rainbow-themed clothing to show your support and pride. It's also important to wear comfortable shoes as you'll likely be doing a lot of walking.
- Bring sunscreen: Pride events are usually held outdoors and can last for several hours. It's essential to protect your skin from the sun by bringing sunscreen and applying it regularly throughout the day.
- Stay hydrated: Make sure to bring water or other beverages to stay hydrated throughout the day. You can also purchase drinks and snacks from vendors at the event.
- Bring cash: Some vendors may not accept credit cards, so it's a good idea to bring cash with you.
- Stay safe: Be aware of your surroundings and avoid getting separated from your group. If you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, find a security officer or police officer.
- Take public transportation: NYC's public transportation is usually the most convenient and efficient way to get around during Pride. Consider taking the subway or bus to avoid traffic and parking issues.
- Respect others: Respect others' personal space and avoid touching people without their consent. Be mindful of the language you use and try to use inclusive language whenever possible.
- Be mindful of the weather: Pride events can take place in hot and humid conditions, so it's important to dress accordingly and bring items like hats or umbrellas for sun protection or rain.
- Have fun: Lastly, have fun and enjoy the celebration! Pride is a time to celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and love. Take part in the festivities and embrace the positive energy of the event.