Madrid Gay Pride, also known as Orgullo, is a week-long festival held annually in Madrid, Spain, to celebrate the lgbtq+Q+ community. The festival usually takes place in late June or early July and attracts around two million people from all over the world.
The festival includes a wide range of events, such as parades, concerts, art exhibitions, cultural events, and parties. The highlight of the festival is the parade, which is held on the Saturday of the final weekend. The parade starts at Atocha train station and ends at Plaza de Colón, covering a distance of around six kilometers. The streets of Madrid are filled with people waving rainbow flags, dancing, and celebrating the diversity of the lgbtq+Q+ community.
In addition to the parade, the festival also includes the Pride Village, which is a large open-air market located in the center of Madrid. The Pride Village offers a range of activities, including live music, food and drink stalls, and information booths from different organizations that support the lgbtq+Q+ community.
Madrid Gay Pride is not just a celebration but also a protest. The festival aims to raise awareness of lgbtq+Q+ rights and the discrimination and violence that the lgbtq+Q+ community still faces in many parts of the world. Madrid Gay Pride has become one of the most important events for the lgbtq+Q+ community in Spain and is recognized as one of the largest Pride festivals in the world. event.
Stay updated with events in Madrid |
Upcoming Mega Events Nearby
Here are a few suggestions:
- Attend the Parade: The Madrid Gay Pride Parade is one of the largest and most festive in the world. It takes place in the center of Madrid and features colorful floats, music, and dancing. It's a great way to celebrate and show your support for the lgbtq+Q+ community.
- Check out Chueca: Chueca is the gay neighborhood of Madrid and the center of the city's lgbtq+Q+ community. During Pride week, the area is full of parties, events, and activities. It's a great place to soak up the festive atmosphere and meet new people.
- Visit the Plaza de España: This is where the Madrid Gay Pride main stage is located, and it's a hub of activity during the festivities. There are live performances, DJs, and other entertainment, as well as food and drink vendors.
- Attend the Closing Party: The Madrid Gay Pride Closing Party is a massive event that takes place on the final night of the festival. It features top DJs and performers and attracts thousands of people from around the world.
- Explore Madrid's museums and attractions: While Pride week is all about celebrating lgbtq+Q+ culture, Madrid has plenty of other cultural attractions to offer as well. Some top museums include the Prado Museum, the Reina Sofia Museum, and the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum. Other must-see attractions include the Royal Palace of Madrid, Retiro Park, and the Gran Vía shopping street.
Here is a list of 6 gay-friendly or men-only hotels in Madrid:
- Hotel Axel Madrid: Located in the city center, Hotel Axel Madrid offers a trendy and vibrant atmosphere for lgbtq+Q+ travelers. It features stylish rooms, a rooftop terrace, a fitness center, and a popular bar. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com
- Room Mate Oscar: With its vibrant design and friendly atmosphere, Room Mate Oscar is a popular choice for lgbtq+Q+ travelers. The hotel offers comfortable rooms, a rooftop terrace with stunning views, and a central location near Gran Via. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com
- Hotel Urban: This sophisticated hotel combines contemporary luxury with art and design. Located in the heart of Madrid, it features elegant rooms, a rooftop pool, a gourmet restaurant, and a bar with a trendy ambiance. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com
- Hotel H10 Villa de la Reina: Located on Madrid's iconic Gran Via, this boutique hotel combines modern comforts with a touch of history. It offers tastefully designed rooms, a rooftop terrace, a bar, and easy access to theaters and shopping. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com
- Hotel Room Mate Alicia: Situated in the vibrant Puerta del Sol neighborhood, Hotel Room Mate Alicia provides contemporary accommodations with bright and colorful interiors. It offers comfortable rooms, a rooftop terrace, and a central location for exploring Madrid. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com
- Hotel Room Mate Laura: Located in the heart of Madrid, Hotel Room Mate Laura offers comfortable accommodations in a modern setting. Its rooms feature colorful decor, and the hotel provides a buffet breakfast, a rooftop terrace, and a convenient location near Puerta del Sol. Check Availability and Prices: Booking.com
- Axel Hotel Madrid (Men Only): Axel Hotel is the only official gay hotel in Madrid. It's located in the heart of the gay district of Chueca, offering modern rooms, a rooftop pool, a fitness center, and a sauna. Axel Hotel is also close to many of Madrid’s most popular gay bars and clubs. Check Availability and Prices
- Room Mate Oscar Hotel (Gay Friendly): This stylish boutique hotel is located in the trendy Chueca neighborhood, offering colorful and modern rooms, an awesome rooftop terrace with a swimming pool, and a 24-hour gym. Room Mate Oscar is perfect for exploring gay nightlife, as it is close to many gay clubs in Chueca. Check Availability and Prices
- Catalonia Gran Via Hotel (Gay Friendly): Known for its warm and welcoming atmosphere, the Catalonia Gran Via is one of the best gay-friendly hotels in Madrid. Its location provides easy access to popular gay bars, clubs, and nightlife hotspots, all within walking distance. The hotel also offers a small rooftop pool, perfect for a break from the summer heat. Check Availability and Prices